Tuesday, December 07, 2010

So, it's not the best way to toast bread

I've moved to Taipei, that's a big city in Taiwan. It's so big that the entire population of New Zealand could live there. Not that they'd want to, what with everything that New Zealand can offer you, like flightless birds, an apathetic government,  and sheep.

I currently love it here, but my apartment doesn't have a kitchen, so I've had to create a work around or six. Here's one that I'm fairly proud of:
Toasting bread with an electric hot plate






To do this at home all you need is an electric hot plate, chop sticks and bread rolls.  The trick is to use an electric hot plate that may be using plutonium, thorium or pink kryptonite to power itself. That glow is not healthy looking, you dig?

Jam the chop stick into the bread roll and slowly rotate them over the heat.  You may smell burning, but that's just your arm hair being reduced to a sticky black tar like substance.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this, it took forever and I kept almost resting my hand on the near molten glass top of the thing. I'm a winner!

No comments: